Advanced Pregnancy - Fetal Well-Being
Your Baby's well-being is best monitored using ultrasound during the advanced pregnancy.
This scan will look for normal growth, normal amount of fluid around the baby and look for specific limb and body movements during scan. Further assessment of blood flow to baby via the umbilical artery helps to confirm a healthy pregnancy.
The scan will take about half an hour and will :
- Confirm dates and Heart Beat
- Show and hear baby's heart beat
- Confirm baby's growth and estimate weight
- Look at baby's anatomy again
- Check for Position of baby
- Check for Position of placenta
- Examine amount of Fluid around the baby
- Perform Doppler studies
- Confirm gender if desired